1. 1. Filtering (Penyaringan): Filtering can be used to separate solids with liquids. Usefulness of screeningdepends on the size of the filter, adapted to the substances that will be in separate.filter used to separate sandand gravel filter is different from that used to filter milk from the pulp. Laboratory filtration using filter paper.Filtering can also be used to separate mixture of several substance that have different solubility in water.
2. 2. Evaporazing ( Penguapan): basic separation by evaporation is the difference in the ability of the substancevaporized substances in solution. for example separating sugar from the solution.
3. 3.Destilation (Penyulingan): Distillation process consists of two stages so that boiling water is evaporated,then condensation of water vapor that condenses back.Simple distillation can we do at home. Suppose wewant to separate the water from the tea solution. Heat water in a tea kettle on the stove, allow it to continue toboil. Then the water vapor coming out of the mouth kettles condenses with plate glass. Collect thecondensation of vapor condensation water. Water result was called distilled water. Distilled water is pure, not mixed with a solution of tea anymore.
4. 4.Sublimation (Penyubliman): Separation of the mixture by sublimation done if there are subliming solidsmixed with a substance that can not be subliming. Examples of substances that are easily subliming camphor,iodine, and caffeine.
5. 5.Chromatograph (Perambatan): Chromatography is a process for separating a mixture of colored materials. Separation by chromatography performed on a mixture that has a speed difference between the solutepropagates with the medium. In everyday life chromatographic separation can you see in black ink seepage onwet paper.
6. 6.Fractional destillation ( Penyulingan bertingkat): To separate the two types of fluids that are equally volatile ordifficult to be purified until it reaches a high purity level is done by distillation rise. Distillation actually rise is adistillation process repeated. Examples of multilevel distillation separation of alcohol-water mixtures.
7. 7.Dekantation (Pengendapan): An agent will have precipitated a different pace in different solutions. When in a mixture containing one or several substances with different sedimentation velocity, we can perform the separation of the mixture by centrifugation method.
8. 8.Magnetism (kemagnetan): used to separate the magnetic and non magnetic materials.for example separation of mixtures
iron powder of sulfur
iron powder of sulfur